In The Beginning:
Before time, there was Ealdormere. However, until Gentles from the Middle Kingdom sojourned here, no one knew her name or her beauty of mind and heart. This list is dedicated to the first few in Ealdormere, lest their names be lost to the minds and hearts of our Populace. It is their fine works which made our Kingdom what she is today. Let their names be known near and far, as those who were the founding lights of Ealdormere,
The First Shire of Ealdorrnere, was Eoforwic. Founded by Gillian Olafsdottir, Eoforwic's First Few included:
~ Duke Sir Finnvarr de Taahe, O.P., K.S.C.A.~ Mistress Gillian d'U riel (formerly Olafsdottir), O.L., Founding Baroness of Septentria
~ Baroness Jehanne l'Enragée
~ Master Sylard of Eagleshaven, O.L.
~ Graf Sir Hugo von Feuerklippe, K.S.C.A.
~ Jowell (Lorenzo) Toledero
~ Pernberthy of the Heckhtough Swamps
The Second Shire of Ealdormere, was Noerlanda. Founded by TSivia ben Tamara of Amberview, Noerlanda's descendants live in Skeldergate, Noerlanda's First Few included:
~ Baroness TSivia bas Tamara v'Amberview, O.L.
~ Lady Liladrel of Walstead
~ Lady Christina of Castleglen
~ Lady Letheodas d'Racca, later Lady Tieer of the Dark Hoard
~ Lord Mord the Obscure
The Third of Ealdormere was not ashire. Rather, House Fyvie'O was formed by two cousins, one
where Starleaf Gate (founded by Caelwulf Longstrider) now stands, and the other in Ben Dunfirth (founded by Wulfram Wulfscilding). The First Few of House Fyvie'O included:
~ Lord Wulfram Wulfscilding (Ben Dunfirth) and his cousin
~ Lord Caelwulf Longstrider (Starleaf Gate)
~ Lady Morgan of Lindesfarne (Starleaf Gate)
~ Lord Ciaran (Starleaf Gate)
~ Lord Redbeard Lonewolf (Ben Dunfirth)
~ Lady Aurielle (Ben Dunfirth)
~ Lord Teneen Wahid al- Karim (Ben Dunfirth
This comprised what became the First Three Shires of Ealdormere. When the shires of Eoforwic, Noerlanda, and Ben Dunfirth became large and strong, they decided to unite under one name and one banner. This created the Barony of Septentria, the First Barony of Ealdormere.
The arms of Septentria feature three interlaced chevronels and a bear: The three chevronels represent the first Three Shires, and the Bear recognizes the Northerly geography of the Barony (Ursa Major). The Arms of Septentria were designed by Baroness Gillian, and the symbolism was described by Duke Finnvarr:
"The name of our barony is derived from the Latin word septentriones, which means among other things, north, the northern regions, or even the north wind. But there is more to the name than that. Ever since Homer, Europeans have called the constellation Ursa Major both the bear and the wagon or plow. The Romans called the seven stars of the Big Dipper the "Seven Plow Oxen"; septem-triones. The meaning "North" is actually secondary. Thus the bear in our baronial arms and the name of the barony symbolize the same thing."
URSUS#63, March A.S. XVI.
New to the Barony of Septentria was its first Canton which had never existed as an independent Shire: The Canton of Skraeling Althing (now the Canton of Caldrithig in the Barony of Skraeling Althing). Founded by TSivia bas Tamara v'Amberview, the First Few of Skraeling Althing included:
~ Baroness Enid Aurelia of the Tin Isles, O.L., O.P., Founding Baroness of Skraeling Althing
~ Baroness TSivia bas Tamara v'Arnberview, O.L.
~ Lady Jorunn Sophia
~ Lord Theuderic of Amberview
~ Cerdic Oakenshield
Ealdorrnere had five Baronies as of the date of its first Crown Tournament. The founding order of Ealdorrnere's Baronies is as follows:
1. Septentria (A.S. XIII) Arms: Gules, three chevronels braced argent, overall a laurel wreath vert, and in chief a bear passant argent. Its symbol is the Bear, symbolizing Ursa Major. Founding Baroness: Gillian d'Uriel.
2. Skraeling Althing (A.S. XVI) Arms: Per chevron argent and gules, in pale a laurel wreath vert and a hare salient to sinister argent. Its symbol is the Hare, originally from a humorous tale told by its second Seneschal, Lord Thomas of Linlithgow of Atlantia. Founding Baroness: Enid Aurelia of the Tin Isles. First Baron: Henry of Linlithgow.
3. Rising Waters (A.S. XXIII) Arms: Gyronny arrondi gules and argent, a goblet Or, its base environed of a laurel wreath vert. Its symbol is a golden chalice, representing the area's fame for vinting. Founding Baron and Baroness: Fiona Averille O'Connor of Maidenhead and Byron Mikael Woodroff.
4. Ramshaven (A.S. XXIX) Arms: Per fess embattled gules and argent, two derni-rams respectant argent and a laurel wreath vert. Its symbol is the ram, representing the fighting spirit of the Barony and its ability to respect differing opinions. Founding Baron and Baroness: Cordigan and Diane d'Arnot.
5. Ben Dunfirth (A.S. XXIX) Arms: Barry wavy argent and sable, a castle within a laurel wreath Or. Its symbol is the golden boar, for its ferocity, loyalty, and protectiveness. Founding Baron and Baroness: Tarkatai Bahadur and Thyra Thorkillsdattir.
* NB: Enid Aurelia of the Tin Isles sat alone as Baroness of Skraeling Althing for some number of years until the populace requested that Baron Henry of Linlithgow be invested as their Territorial Baron.