Tuesday 8 October 2013

From Coronet Tourney XII

By Master Hector of the Black Height

Remember the day the old Northern Duke
Saw his squire recognized as a Knight?
Remember the time that this warrior proud
Led the North-wolves far south to a fight?
I tell of all this and I'd tell more beside
As is a great warrior's due
For I would tell all of our Prince's proud heir
And all that I tell you is true.

Remember the seasons of service to all
Devoted to ledgers and laws?
Remember the lady's devotion and care
To her people's and Barony's cause?
I tell of all this and I'd tell more beside
As such a fair lady is due
For I would tell all of our Princess' heir
And all that I tell you is true.

Remember this day, for brave Varus stood tall
In list so well-graced by strong swords.
The vanquished did honour as fairly he fell,
To win those most precious awards
That Althegn can hold and Althegna can grace
Without fear of strife or travail.
So cheer good Ælflæda and brave Sir Mordain
Whom all will remember. Waeshael!

(copyright Arthur McLean 1991-2000)

No comments:

Post a Comment