Tuesday 22 October 2013

Event Report: Feast of the Hare (2001)

Eirik Andersen

            The tale of my adventure to the north is a short one.
            Not long ago came Friday, the 9th of November. To the Barony of Skraeling Althing did I travel, in the good company of my friends Ariana de la Rose and her lord, Don, both of Bryniau Tywynnog. Together we traveled to Sir Evander and Lady Melusine’s home in Bastile du Lac, where we took shelter from the night.
            On the morrow, we traveled the remaining miles to Caldrathig. The road may be long, but in the company of such friends, the hours pass by easily in merry-making.
            Upon the noon hour did we arrive to the Feast of the Hare and were well met by our friends. Although I had not planned on it, I was able to obtain a spot at the feast, which was one of the better ones I have had in some time.
            For most of the day, I discussed various things with Rhys and Pierro. I also spoke with several of my friends who live in Cadlrathig who I don’t get to see as often. It was a very relaxing day.
            The final court of Eric and Xristina was well done, and the investiture of Sir Menken and Dame Cadfan equally so. My pictures did not turn out as well, as I was too far away from the action.
            As the hour drew late, the road back to Bastile du Lac long, we made good time on the Queens Highway, where we stayed the night, before Ariana and Don dropped me off at my home.

            I had fun J

No comments:

Post a Comment