Defunct groups are generally said to have "fallen into ruin"; occasionally, an extant group is said to be "founded on the ruins" of a defunct group which previously existed in their area.
An incomplete list
- Aron Araf -- Mentioned in the Historia Septentriae as holding their first event in A.S. 14, it was noted as being "cursed", and "fell into ruin" after many years. This canton was established in Stratford, Ontario, later to be replaced by the canton of Ashford-upon-Avon
- Ben Dunfirthshire -- Formed in AS 11.
- Brennistein Vatn -- This shire formed in A.S. 43, mergin the shires of Noerlanda and Flaming Sky. It later became the Shire of Ulfhiem in A.S. 54.
- Caer Draeth -- The Canton of Caer Draeth (Barrie) was found around A.S. 12. It merged with the Canton of Swan's Deep (which had originally split off from it) to form the canton of Beremere (process begun around A.S. 45 and culminating in January A.S. 51).
- Dubras -- A short-lived canton, Dubras dissolved in A.S. 15, later to be replaced by the Canton of der Welfengau.
- Greenhithe -- A former incipient canton of Septentria which grew out of Whit's End (located in the City of Oshawa and surrounding area) around 1998. The group was also known as Greenhithe bae the Waeter and Greenhithe by the Water (the later version of the name was registered with the College of Heralds in 2005). The group dissolved in 2007.
- Flaming Sky -- This shire joined with the shire of Noerlanda to form the Shire of Brennistein Vatn in A.S. 43; which later became the Shire of Ulfhiem in A.S. 54.
- Harrowgate Heath -- Founded in AS 38, this canton of Skraeling Althing contained the counties of Grenville and Dundas and later the City of Cornwall. The canton disolved in AS 54.
- Kalendia Formas -- Founded as a shire of Ealdormere in A.S. 12, it dissolved shortly thereafter and was never restarted.
- Noerlanda -- Founded as a canton in A.S. 10 in the city of Sault Ste. Marie. Notable for hosting the first Feast of the Bear in Septentria. It fell into ruin in the late 1980's and was re-born in 1996. In 1999 they became a shire. The group merged with Shire of Flaming Sky (North By area) to form the Shire of Brennistein Vatn in A.S. 43; which later became the Shire of Ulfhiem in A.S. 54.
- Pont y Scythe -- Now defunct, it was established in the city of Burlington, in territory now controlled by the Barony of Ben Dunfirth.
- Roaring Wastes -- Mentioned in the Historia Septentriae as being "to the southwest of Septentria", it was mundanely in the city of Tillsonburg, now lands held by the Shire of Trinovantia Nova.
- Skraeling Althing -- The canton formed in A.S. 12, and later became the Barony of Skraeling Althing.
- St. Antonius -- This college was established in A.S. 32 (1998) by Magistra Sciath ingen Chaennaig after she emigrated from An Tir but ceased its activity in A.S 37 (2003).
- Steinbach -- Founded in A.S. 22 near Stony Creek, Ontario, this canton existed briefly and dissolved. The lands formerly held by this canton are now part of the Barony of Ben Dunfirth.
- Swan's Deep -- Based in the Penetanguishene-Midland area, it originally split off from the Canton of Caer Draeth in Dec A.S. 37. Later re-merged with Car Draeth to form the canton of Beremere (process begun around A.S. 45 and culminating in January A.S. 51).
- Westbellford -- Centered on the city of Brantford, Ontario, this canton in the Barony of Ben Dunfirth fell into ruin. In A.S. 53, the Canton of Stórfjǫrðr was built over its remains.
- Wessexmere -- A short-lived canton, later replaced by the Canton of Bryniau Tywynnog in the Barony of Ramshaven.
- Whit's End -- Briefly existed in A.S. 32, this group dissolved and reformed later as the Canton of Greenhithe.
[Original text copied from Cunnan, September 17, 2020, and edited by Colyne Stewart.]